Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dinner Sunday March 1, 2009

When I finally got home from shooting, I had some bread and cheese. My diet is so low carb these days that I think I got a little hypoglycemic and nodded off. When I woke up, I realized I had missed my dinner invitation at Shanon's, so I took advantage of the hamburger I had defrosted the other day.


I looked up a few hamburger recipes on the web, and it quickly became clear that they were variations on a theme. One egg, maybe some garlic, maybe some other spices. Occasionally I saw bread crumbs.

I opted for an egg, a few cloves of garlic and a little horse radish. I wasn't too sure how to tell when it was done, so I cooked one side, turned it over and added the cheese, and removed it from the heat when the cheese was done. The middle of the burger was not as pink as the burger I had at Dumont, but it was so juicy I think it was OK. Next time I will ask around for tips and use a higher heat.

Meal:
  • Burger with horseradish
  • Toppings were tomato and bread and butter pickles
  • Broccoli rabe
Broccoli rabe is my new favorite vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment