Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Catch-up

I had a pretty busy couple of days. It started with another last-minute audition tape edit for Alex. The production company decided they wanted a 10 minute piece. So Alex shot a bunch more, captured it, and culled it. I tweaked the final edit and we got it done again.

Friday Lunch
Friday afternoon I decided to expand my take-out options. I went to Margon and ordered a Cuban. It was an unsatisfying salty grease bomb. Theo told me that's more or less how it is with Cubans. I may try this legendary sandwich somewhere more reputable, but I do not have high hopes. It's pretty leaden stuff without much subtlety to the flavor. But I suppose that's what some people want.


Friday Dinner
I met Adam, his girlfriend Sofia, Mel, and Mel's friends for dinner at El Mercadito. It was a trendy spot in the East Village with a number of creative tacos and guacamole. We ordered a range of both and shared. I had tacos with pork, snapper, and talpia. They all had some kind of sauce and were pretty tasty. The flavors were nicely balanced and didn't overpower each other. I recognized the feel and taste of the fishes, but couldn't really distinguish between them. The pork had a distinct taste and feel as well. There were also sides of rajas and plantains.



Saturday Breakfast
Saturday was going to be a long day of shooting and errands, so I larded up.
Meal
  • 2 eggs fried in butter
  • Green grapes
  • Raw milk cheese
  • Stove top espresso with raw milk
On the way to meet the boys to shoot I stopped by the green market. I picked up two whole porgies and some bacon from Flying pig as Henry recommended. I'll make the porgies on Monday or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment