Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tallowed ground

I just got back from the big night at Peter Lugers. It was major. And good. Some had said it would be like butter. The grain was uninterrupted and smooth. It was a much simpler meat than the pork chops.



Meal:
  • Steak for 3 split 4 ways between 3 men and a woman
  • Creamed spinach
  • German potatoes
  • Tomato and onion
  • Bacon
  • Strawberries and cream
  • Bread


I went with Soo, Carolina, and Adam. Soo took charge, as he has been to Lugers many times, and none of had ever been. I had received many suggestions, but I kept them to myself. I didn't matter, as he did as people had told me to do. Get the bacon, get the steak, get some spinach.

Some had told me the service was bad. The wait staff didn't kiss our asses, but water glasses were kept full and food was delivered promptly. Definitely a good experience. Unfortunately, Soo told me that since Lugers is the truly the best, it was all down hill from here. I'll just have to see. Next, hamburgers.






No comments:

Post a Comment