Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Today was an exciting chapter in my life. I finally did that laundry I had been putting off for so long. After tending to that and a few other chores, I went to work out.

"Kelly"

Five rounds for time of:
** Run 400 meters ** - WODoR submissions for "400 Meter Run" are welcome.
30 Box jump, 24 inch box
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball

Despite overshooting the 400M mark every time because I didn't know where it was, I managed to do this in 29:12. Before the WOD Tripp was doing a maximum vertical leap. I joined him for a bit, and made it to about 40", but chickened out after that. He went all the way to 48". And he's a good deal shorter than me. Very impressive.

After working out I had a peanut butter and jelly snack with a large glass of that old raw milk. I ran a few errands, and then it was off to Sofia's for her and Adam's Super Bowl party. They were making wings, but I was too hungry to wait. So I went down the block and got a Black River sandwich from The Lodge's General Store. It had prosciutto, avocado, basil, lettuce, and mozzarella on a baguette. I got hung up running into people while out, and the wings were ready by the time I finally returned. Kick-off was imminent too.

The prosciutto reminded me of the smoked salmon I had a couple of weeks ago. perhaps it something about the texture created by the smoking process. As I finished my sandwich, the wings went into the oven, and Adam came back with pizza. I had a slice of the pie had mushrooms, olives, and coincidentally prosciutto. The slice was a salty mess, but pretty tasty. Initially I kept it to one slice, but by the end of the evening I would have two slices of the plain pie.


This was the final outcome after two different types of wings and an entire football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment