Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 8, 2009

More bacon

This morning I fried up a couple of pieces of the Fling Pig bacon. It was the best yet. That said, I think I over cooked it. I'll get it soon.

Meal:
  • 2 eggs fried in butter
  • 2 pieces of smoked and cured bacon
  • 2 pieces of toast with butter and jam
  • Stove top espresso with raw milk

I went for a quick ride this afternoon in Prospect Park. Unsurprisingly it was packed. But I stretched my legs a little, particularly on the backside of the park on the flat and on the hill to the Grand Army entrance. It felt like my legs were a little over 50% of what they were when I was 20. I think with a little more training on the bike I can nudge that closer to 75%. Also, my recovery coming over the hill was the best it's been since I stopped racing at 23.

CROSSFIT!

Now all I need to do is keep it up and add in more sports-specific training.

When I got back from my ride I had a little snack of raw milk cheddar, ginger carrot sauerkraut, smokra, and some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment