Twitter / omnivoremeals

Friday, February 6, 2009

Outliers

This morning I finished up my Hawthorne Farms bacon. After a number of conversations with my co-worker Theo and careful examination of the pan as the bacon cooked, I am convinced that it was smoked with liquid smoke. It didn't cook up nearly as nicely as the other stuff. Neither were from Flying Pigs, which Henry strongly recommends.

Meal:
  • 2 eggs fried in butter
  • 2 strips of bacon
  • 2 pieces of wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam
  • Stove-top espresso with raw milk
My morning reading was very illuminating. I learned that butchering classes are happening two blocks away, and that an old friend works at the shop the butcher runs. This should make it pretty easy to get involved. The same article also pointed me to a farm located in the Finger Lakes region AKA my old stomping grounds. I emailed them about group purchases. I am going to recruit some Crossfitters to get cows, pigs, or whatever. An interesting reversion to the mean with an extra, carnivorous dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment