Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Deliverance

I finally did it. I had bacon. Bacon is very popular with the meat eating crowd as seen here. Also, many of my friends were using bacon as a secondary indicator of my omnivorous resolve. Steak remains a of gold standard.

Breakfast
  • 2 eggs fried in butter
  • 4 pieces of toast with butter and jjam
  • Stove-top espresso with raw milk
  • 3 strips of bacon
It was good, but salty. Very very salty. Once again I found the flavor to be very subtle. Perhaps the flavor is pervasive in a way that is unfamiliar to me, and were I to return to a vegetarian diet I would notice a significant absence of flavor.

Also, I had been out Friday night and didn't get drunk but did have a few beers. I had been fuzzy when I woke up, but eating the bacon and drinking the coffee perked me up in a way I had never been perked up before. Salt, fat, caffeine and I don't know what are quite powerful.


I had a busy day ahead of me, and unfortunately I did not make it to the green market. Instead I ran around looking for starter fluid, reading more about my infernal scooter, and actually getting it on the road. We had a good first day out with Dan. And it will only get better. I am going to get insurance on the HVX so we can shoot with it.

I was out all day on the scooter and freezing, so that massive breakfast had been a good idea. When I finally got home I didn't have anything to cook, so I lazily ordered in from Taco Chulo. Another puerco burrito with some chips. I think that will be the last one for a while. It's just a mess of salt and fat that only sort of tastes like something more than that.

Dinner
  • Puerco burrito
  • Chips
  • Water
Later I was talking to Luke and I told him my feelings on bacon. He questioned the quality of my bacon, and insisted that he would make me some amazing bacon dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment