Twitter / omnivoremeals

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Triple rush

Luckily our marathon meeting for today was scheduled in the afternoon. So I got to go to Crossfit on lunch. I did the Rx, but with subs as there aren't enough GHB machines.

Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions
25 Knees to Elbows

I did OK, but had to pull the chord at 4 rounds, which took me just under 40 minutes. My fifth round would have taken me at least 10 minutes and I needed to get back to work. It had nothing to do with my failing grip. Nothing at all.

On the way back to the office, I picked up lunch at Green Symphony. They had the Korean-style chicken, which I like. It's baked, not fried, so it's a pretty decent option.

Meal:
  • 3 pieces of Korean baked chicken
  • Potato samosa
  • Steamed collard greens
  • Tofu salad with peas
  • Lettuce, avocado, and feta salad
After work I picked up my raw milk club order. This time I got yogurt and butter, as well as cheese. I also had eggs, but they were out of scrapple. Next time... Then it was home to help my friend and training partner Alex finish his second audition tape for Gatorade. I thought we needed to make an 8:30PM FedEx deadline, but he worked out a way to post it on-line for them to review.

While we were working, I snacked on various things and had a beer with him.

Meal:
  • Cheese sandwich with raw milk cheddar cheese, mustard, whole wheat bread, and bread and butter pickles
  • 1 beer
  • Havarti cheese and grapes
  • Lentil soup for Falafel Chula
We finished the edit. Hopefully this will get Alex to LA so he can train at the velodrome out there and take it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment