Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 8, 2009

No candlestick maker

Saturday night I had planned to cook a chicken for Luke and possibly other guests. Luke's neck was acting up and couldn't make it, but Abe from Outlier called me. So I invited him and Tyler over for dinner. I made the chicken according to Zak's instructions here. I would got to put my new butcher knife to use.



Hacking apart the chicken was a good experience. A little grim too, but I really got to inspect the bird. It had already been plucked and gutted, but taking it apart and removing the spine, neck and excess bones as I went wasn't a walk in the park.



I put salt and pepper on the chicken pieces and warmed it on the stove as instructed, then placed it in the oven. Then I started some rice, prepped the bok choy, and laid out the various pickles. Abe and Tyler showed up as the chicken was cooling. The rice finished at the right time, and we sat down for dinner.

Meal:
  • Roasted chicken
  • Short-grain brown rice
  • Sauteed bok choy
  • Ginger carrot sauerkraut
  • Pickled okra
  • Pickled beets
  • Some beers

No comments:

Post a Comment