Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dinner and marketing


I had a home cooked meal with my old next-door neighbor, Jake. We got back in contact recently, and he suggested we get together and talk about some ideas he has about making beer. After some back and forth, we decided to eat meat at his place. He smoked quite a bit of food over the weekend, including some brisket.

So it was brisket on Sunday at Jake's. I took the train over and picked up a bottle of Hudons Singel Malt on my way. I forgot how nice Carrol Gardens (or is it Cobble Hill) is. Smith Street is also pretty solid and lacks many of the hipster nightmare qualities that my hometown possesses. At the very least, it's something to think about.

No one else was home, so Jake and I were left to cath up and eat meat.

Dinner:
  • Smoked brisket
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Lettuce salad
  • Home made lemon dressing
  • Hudson Single Malt Whiskey
Jake and I had a beer after at B61 in Redhook. He then gave me a lift home, making my night incredibly manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment