Twitter / omnivoremeals

Monday, January 12, 2009

Some conversational tidbits from week one


As I already mentioned, Rosie has been a great resource. He also sent he favorite fish recipe and an omnivore bucket list. Don't see the movie; it looked horrible.

Andrew has been helpful too. He recommended a digestive aid that he assured me was highly regarded by his yoga teacher ex-girlfriend. He claims to eat a lot of "complex proteins" and that digestion issues came with the territory. Andrew also had a good restaurant pick. I have a date scheduled there with an old friend for the next weekend he is in town and not snowboarding.

Today I told Matt that I was eating meat. He was shocked, and compared it to Jimmy Page doing, and then trailed off either because he was so dumbfounded, or it was still early. He accused me of having coffee, so it was probably the latter. I was pretty good at these in grade school, so I'll finish the analogy. Me eating meat is like Jimmy Page using active pick-ups. Which he actually probably did at some point, but I don't think he has a signature series like that famous wuss, Eric Clapton.

Maybe I should get one of these. Looks like it's a next-level Foreman Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment