Twitter / omnivoremeals

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shellfish

This has been quite the non-Kosher week. First pork and now shellfish. Luckily I am not Jewish.

Initially I was going to make this with the scallops, but then I came across this, which required the red cabbage I had whimsically purchased. It seemed like fate, so I went with it. In the future I'd like to make this, and this seemed like a good guide for a very basic preparation.


My friend Marc came by for dinner, and we had a beer while I finished up the scallops and sauteed the asparagus.

The dinner:
Marc helped me confirm that the scallops were indeed done. They felt different to the touch, so I was pretty sure all was well. But it's always nice to have a food chaperon. Dinner was served, and Marc heartily approved of the final product. In fact he called the rice "the best rice ever".

Dessert was raw milk cottage cheese with granola and strawberries. This isn't your super market low-fat cottage cheese or granola. It was a buttery, creamy capstone to the meal. After we finished everything, neither of us could go anywhere. That was too bad for Marc because he doesn't live with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment