Twitter / omnivoremeals

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Becoming an American

After work I went straight to work out. The WOD was weights. Specifically, Thruster 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps. I have a bit of a mental block with the more complex lifts, and can't lift more than the smallest amount I can move in any one phase of the larger lift. So I maxed at 155, and failed whenever I attempted above that. Such is life, but I should definitely be doing at least 165.

After the workout Erica made sure we got a little met-con in, and we did 5 sets of 10 air squats and 10 burpees. I redeemed myself here and finished in just over 4 minutes, a good 45 seconds or more than anyone else. She had also kept us honest in our warm up, so by the time I got home I was starving and not sure what I would eat. Happily, I had leftovers. I didn't have anything that great too cook. Even if I had, I was too hungry to do it.

Meal
  • Left over scallops
  • Green grapes
  • Raw milk Monterrey Jack cheese
  • Water with lemon
Then it was over to Brooklyn Machine Works to rebuild the carburetor for the Empire scooter. With the help of BMW Luke, Other Luke, and Ken I was able to get it into much better shape. I'm charging the battery now, and planning to shoot on Saturday. This is a major weight off my shoulders, and those guys totally rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment