Twitter / omnivoremeals

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Variety is delicious, if not spicy for life

Tonight I finished the fish from last night. As Kansas pointed out, eating it for breakfast would have been completley next level. So no regrets. And when faced with the prospect of it this morning, I just didn't know how to prepare it. I certainly couldn't eat it with yogurt. To cook eggs too would be far too much just for breakfast. Messan would never let me hear the end of it. So I saved it for dinner.

On the way home from Crossfit I stopped by that super-solid produce stand on Graham at Metropolitan to round out dinner and fortify my fruit and vegetable stores with some grapes, kale and asparagus. I still had wine left from last night, so all I needed to do was fix up the veggies, reheat the fish, and EAT.

Meal:
  • Reheated rainbow trout
  • Kale sauteed in sesame oil and balsalmic vinegar
  • Pickled beets
  • Grapes
  • Smoked raw milk cheddar
  • Red wine
This was a super tasty meal with lots of great flavors. The fish was the least interesting piece. It was extremely mild, and I was still focused on the mouth feel. Compared to the fried chicken legs and wings from this afternoon, if it weren't for the bones, it would be like soy fish. When I eat fish and feel how it breaks away in my mouth, I just think of the simple motion they make while swimming compared to how much a chicken flaps and jumps around. The muscles formed seem to be reflected in how the meat either flakes for a fish or tears for a chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment