Twitter / omnivoremeals

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dinner Sunday January 11, 2009


Rather than get started on the left over chicken from last night, I cooked up the salmon I picked up with the rest of my food shipment on Friday. I did eat some of the leftover quinoa. Substituting cloves for cinnamon and then doubling the recipe was not the smartest move I've made. It came out OK, but I'll be good and sick of it by the time it's gone.

The salmon, like the chicken, had been frozen. It wasn't as good as the first salmon I cooked, although I broiled it in a similar fashion. It clearly wasn't as flaky and fresh as the stuff from Wild Edibles and the brook trout from the farmer's market. However it was still better than Green Symphony's salmon, which had been a bit dry. I don't think I'll be ordering salmon from them again. For now, I'll stick with the farmers' market and Wild Edibles.

Meal:

No comments:

Post a Comment