Twitter / omnivoremeals

Monday, January 19, 2009

Carnivals and small meals

Today was a company holiday, and my gym planned accordingly with a full day of skills training. I slept in a little later than usual, and fueled up for the first four hours of coaching. Breakfast was The Classic less the multi-vitamin. And I think I digested the duck pretty well. In general that department seems to have stabilized.

Off to the Black Box where the first session was a skills review of basic lifts with Thor AKA Justin. We didn't make it to my weakest lift, the clean, but it was good to have the differences between high-bar squats, low-bar squats, front squats, and overhead squats laid out.

I was most excited about the second session on kipping with Torch. Johnny helped me tape up my hands which still haven't quite healed. Torch took us through the basic progression to a full kip. We all got on the bar and everyone got it with varying degrees of success. Some were pulling themselves to the middle of their chest and doing clapping pull-ups. I managed to get out about 4 or 5 before I found the frequency for harmonic resonance and began to oscillate out of control.

Both sessions were extremely helpful. Crossfit Harlem, which is group of people who work out together at New York Sports Club came, doubling our numbers. Everyone in the group was super nice, and one guy even had on an Iron Maiden t-shirt.

I would have liked to stay for Court's kettle bell clinic, but I wanted to attend Keith's Crossfit Virtuosity clinic. So I ran home to make a snack, pick up my place some, and of course, blog. My snack was a grilled cheese sandwich made with raw colby, the last of my quinoa curry which hadn't gone bad, and some grapes. Fried good sure is tasty. In fact, I think I will be breading and frying my turkey breast later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment