Twitter / omnivoremeals

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It was brick at the Farmers Market

Wednesday is fish day at the Union Square green market, so I stopped off on the way in. I saw my fish guy, and thanked him for the wise advice last week. He repeated his observation that the first few times are awkward, but you're like a surgeon after that. This week I opted for the Rainbow Trout and a little more conversation. We talked about the weather just like any civilized small talkers. This quickly turned to heating with wood, which he does and my parents did when I was younger. He splits all his own, which even for a 700 square foot place is a lot. But he said he's happiest when he is splitting wood, drinking beer and hunting. Apparently he's able to do that for about two or three months and it's heaven on earth as far as he's concerned.

Then it was on. I moved over to the turkey and got some of the next step, turkey breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment