Twitter / omnivoremeals

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lunch Saturday Janauary 10, 2009

I met up with my friend Adam and his girlfriend Sofia. We went to The Lodge. They had brunch, I had some beet soup with a dollop of sour cream and coffee. During our meal we discussed an exciting new direction they were taking their business and via SMS I negotiated the recipe for tonight's chicken dinner. I can't say more about their business, but dinner will be a ginger-soy sauce marinade. I received the recipe over a series of SMS messages from an iPhone broken down into carrier-appropriate sizes.

ok. So u need to marinate the breasts combine 1/2 c honey, 1/3 cup soy, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 c fresh peeled and grated Ginger. Combine iin sauce pan.
Received 12:25:25pm

over low heat until honey is melted, pour over chicken in shallow baking man, marinate until ready to bake.
Received 12:25:25pm

On my way back to the city. No computer. Sorry.
Received 12:25:58pm

Next it was to the auto parts store and then the farmers' market. After a partifularly confusing return transaction, I discovered that sadly the farmers market disbanded early in the face of snow. So no fresh fruit or vegeables. However, I am not sure just how fresh fruits and vegetables are at this time of year in this part of the country. Perhaps it is not that great a loss. I suppose eggs would have been nice, but I missed it.

I went home to pick up some ginger and eat my last Empire apple as a lunch supplement and snack to get me to ... CHICKEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment