Twitter / omnivoremeals

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The story so far

Not too long ago and just after I added fish to my diet my good friend Amadeo did me a huge favor and took some portraits of me in my skivvies. This is what I look like after a couple of months of pretty regular high-intensity work outs. I've lost about 10 pounds and weigh 194 lbs. This is the least I've weighed in many years, probably since my mid-20s. I suspect I'll drop below 190 pounds if I continue to exercise as I have and remain even approach fastidiousness about my diet. This will probably happen by the spring, or if have any sort of racing season by mid-summer.

Just prior to adding meat to my diet I began to pay much closer attention to my diet and was preparing a lot more of my own food. Also, with the new training program I was drinking less, including beer. I think that the latter was probably more helpful for my weight loss, but both contributed to finishing 2008 in a very solid state of mind.

I still need to take some other measurements to establish a baseline. These will be thigh size and other body measurements, and blood work.

I'll check in with this sort of information again in the early spring before I start racing regularly.

Other things I've noticed is that the act of eating is incredibly more social, with lots of dinners prepared with friends who are excited to share these new moments with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment