Twitter / omnivoremeals

Monday, January 5, 2009

Dinner Monday January 5, 2009

For my second omnivorous dinner, as recommended by my good friend Tony, I made salmon using this recipe. The salmon came from Wild Edibles. My co-worker Mike suggested them as a good place near work to get fish. My original plan had been to get the fish at the Union Square Green Market on the way to work along with some fruits and vegetables, but the fish monger was not in attendance. I'll catch them on Wednesday.
  • Broiled Salmon.
  • Kale sauteed in sesame oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • One black bean and rice burger.
The salmon had a very mild flavor, and a similar mouth feel to the sea bass. What I read about salmon indicated that the skin could be a little strong, so avoided it this time.

For dessert I had some home made yogurt with a little peanut butter and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment