Twitter / omnivoremeals

Monday, January 12, 2009

Workout Monday January 12, 2009

For time 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 rep rounds of:
Virtual shoveling
Pull-ups

With an Olympic bar holding only one plate (men use 45 pound plate, women use 25 pound plate), touch the plate on one side of the barrier then the other for one "rep." Barrier is 24."

This another ugly workout. Lots of grip strength was required, and my grip is still pretty destroyed from last Thursday. I got through it in around 35 minutes. When I was done, I could barely close my hand. Retrieving my mail was almost impossible; it was too thin to hold.

Tonight and last Thursday's workout just reminded me how bad I am at pull-ups. One way to scale the exercise is jumping pull-ups. Since I can jump for days, this doesn't really do much to get me closer to full pull-ups. So I am going to order a pull-up bar to do negatives at home and work on my reverse grip so I can mix it up more. I am going to lick pull-up AND doulbe udners. I hit a few of those in my warm-up. Thanks Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment