Twitter / omnivoremeals

Monday, January 12, 2009

Lunch Monday January 11, 2009


Lunch was leftovers from Saturday with more of the broccoli I picked up on Wednesday.

Meal:
  • Marinated chicken breast
  • Quinoa curry
  • Broccoli
Cooking so much is hard, particularly when it's only for me. I've had mixed success managing my refrigerator inventory any waste. Some of the beets I cooked for new year's eve went uneaten, and I almost wasted some of my black bean burger mix. I did lose a batch of black beans, but that probably cost about $1.

Before I thought about eating meat, I was starting to cook a little more for all the usual reasons, health and cost. To really make the most of it, I wanted to start packing lunch for work. But plastic containers are nasty, so I got these Pyrex containers. They have been great for carrying lunch to work, freezing left-overs, and generally helping manage my food inventory. And I haven't broken any. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment