Twitter / omnivoremeals

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dead to me

I was up early with a light breakfast before I went to lift a little at New York Sports Club before my cancellation goes through. I need to start doing this a couple of times a week. I hate deadlifts the most, so I decided to start there. This article also had something to do with it.

Breakfast:
  • Coffee with raw milk
  • OJ
  • Home made raw milk yogurt with granola and banana
Workout - 5x5 Deadlifts
225-235-245-255(4)-265(3)
I didn't make to a full 5 towards the end. Lots of reasons for that, with the primary one of course being that I wasn't strong enough. Other secondary but (I swear!) legitimate reasons in order of decreasing legitimacy are that (1) my hands are still a little tender from ripping them a couple weeks back, (2) there was no chalk and I wasn't using straps, (3) I couldn't drop the weight like at Crossfit, (4) squatting inside a power rack is claustrophobic, and (5) it was cold making my grip fail even earlier. When I move into my office I'll have to smuggle a sledge hammer in and use it to develop my grip.

I dropped by the Green Market to pick up some meat, vegetables, and apples. At this point there's really nothing green outside of the pricey hydroponic vegetables and sprouts. So I stuck with pork chops and potatoes and onions to accompany them tomorrow. And apples for snacks at work, one of which I had as soon as I got to my office.

I also indulged in sauerkraut-like pickled ginger and carrots and ginger-blueberry jam. Sadly the fish guy was not there. However that's OK, as I am going to a macaroni and cheese bake-off tonight at Glasslands and making pork chops tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment