Twitter / omnivoremeals

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I want to eat you like an animal

I went to Bon Chon (Pete's recommendation) with Boris, someone who, despite having a fairly tenuous connection to him, is almost an old friend at this point. I used to work with someone he used to work with, and we met at some party my our old mutual co-worker went took me to. We share a mildly OCD personality, interest in bikes, aptitude with computers, and attendance at law school.



They told us it would be 20 minutes until our chicken was ready so I ordered some Korean water, which they call beer. Happily, Korean time is also overstated, and the chicken was out in less than 10 minutes. I had tried to order a salad, but they were only serving chicken and about 5 of their appetizers.



The moment of truth...


So Dan was right. The chicken breast is much safer than the rest of the chicken. There were tendons, bones, different meat textures, wide variation in visual appearance and more. Boris offered sage advice for my first tendon: Don't eat it. I didn't. He also explained to me that there are drum sticks and there are wings. And that there are two kinds of wings.

But fried is fried and fried is good. So despite that feeling that is somewhere between the lump in my throat before crying and pre-vomit but not actually THAT bad that is becoming somewhat familiar, it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment